January

January has been a tough month in the crescent city. Adjusting to the class schedule was a challenge after a winter break of inconsistent sleep cycles. The endocrine and reproductive module were were interesting however, and it was time to start really working on the thesis, which related heavily to the endocrine module we were going over in lecture. So naturally, I started researching and writing my thesis based on the backbone of what I was learning in class. In addition, I formed a thesis committee, and narrowed down my thesis to the contribution of genetics, inflammation, and hormones on the pathophysiology of Lipedema, a hormonal fat disorder.

On the volunteering front, I have completed 12 hours due to two training sessions I attended in Baton Rouge   to help Louisiana HOSA students prepare for a state confrere in March. There is also an opportunity with this organization to attend a Pelicans game in March to meet with some of the sports physicians as well as the players! I look forward to woking more with this organization in the month to come because the students and administration and wonderful people to work with.

On the personal front, the flu did not spare me. It left me devastated with congestion in my lungs. It effectively took my ability to run a sub 6:00 minute mile and left me gasping for air only after a quarter mile. I am looking forward to my immune system to kick in and rid me of this parasitical virus so I can once again resume running the streets of New Orleans. total milage in New Orleans= 175.4 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March

Feburary

April